If you’re looking for a tropical getaway, take a look at our Puerto Rico Vacation Packages. We’ve compiled a list of must-sees for your trip below:
1. From beginner-friendly spots, to challenging reef breaks that rival those on Hawaii’s North Shore, Puerto Rico is the undisputed surfing capital of the Caribbean.
2. Located a few miles off the coast of mainland Puerto Rico near the island of Vieques, Mosquito Bay is a year-round bioluminescent bay (declared the brightest in the world by the Guinness Book of World Records) that literally glows in the dark.
3. Puerto Rico has been a United States territory since 1898 (that’s right – no passport is required for visiting U.S. citizens), which perhaps makes it only a little unusual that San Juan is home to an exact replica of the Liberty Bell.
4. Bats, frogs, arachnids and many other types of insect species can be found in the Rio Camuy caves – the largest cave system in the Western Hemisphere with 10 miles of caverns.
5. If you’re so inclined, set aside an evening to enjoy the amazing nightlife in Old San Juan – a place you can literally bar-hop until the sun comes up. Just don’t plan on doing anything too early the next day.
6. There are no less than 50 different species of birds in the El Yunque Rainforest, which also features hiking trails and waterfalls. El Yunque is nature at its finest!
Enjoy these fun vacation tips during your next vacation to Puerto Rico!