Explore our London Vacation Packages and read this week’s feature on six great tips to help prepare you for your trip:
1. If the weather’s nice and you’re planning a visit to Hyde Park, be sure to stop by Speaker’s Corner, a lively place where folks from all over the world gather to speak their minds on an endless variety of topics. Sunday afternoons tend to be most entertaining.
2. According to Time Out, Nightjar on City Road has become one of London’s best places to experiment with concoctions from world-class mixologists. The cocktail menu is extensive and unexpected, and classic jazz provides the soundtrack.
3. Probably every major city in the world offers a climbing gym these days, but how many offer indoor ice climbing? Located in Covent Garden, Vertical Chill offers hour-long sessions for climbers of all levels – from first-timers to gritty veterans.
4. Everyone should enjoy that most English is institutions – traditional afternoon tea – at least once while in London, and Soho’s Secret Tea Room is an excellent place to do it. Located above the Coach & Horses pub, less than five minutes from the Leicester Square tube.
5. Fans of the Julia Roberts/Hugh Grant romantic comedy “Notting Hill” will want to stop by the Portobello Market – truly one of the most interesting street markets in the world. Fridays and Saturdays have the most to offer – and yes, celebrity sightings can occasionally occur.
6. Day-tripping outside of London is highly recommended. Beatles fan? Take a train to Liverpool for a Beatles Tour. Intrigued by Royals? Check out Windsor Castle. Interested in trying to explain the unexplained? Take a coach out to Stonehenge. There’s always so much to see and do!