We’ve got a number of Costa Rica Vacation Packages. Before you plan your trip, read the six items below to help plan your itinerary:
1. There are no street addresses in Costa Rica. Locations are often described in relation to a relatively close landmark. Here’s how the Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose describes its location: “700 meters west from Bridgestone/Firestone.”
2. Costa Rica is home to 28 different national parks, and no less than 25 percent of the country is set aside for protective parks and reserves!
3. The massive tidal range in Costa Rica can expose huge amounts of sand on beaches at low tide, and completely cover up beaches with water at high tide. For surfers, this can mean the surf is virtually unridable at a certain point in the day, and absolutely perfect just hours later.
4. After remaining dormant for hundreds of years, in 1968 the Arenal volcano erupted unexpectedly, and has remained active – off and on – ever since.
5. The Pacuare River is a mecca for whitewater rafting excursions. River rafting is also popular on the Reventazón, Sarapiquí, Peñas Blancas, and Savegre rivers.
6. The ocean water temperature in Costa Rica can average over 80 degrees, making it feel nice and balmy for all manner of ocean activities!
Enjoy your next vacation to Costa Rica!