Whether wandering around a village of hand-carved ice sculptures, tubing down snow-covered hills, taking selfies with Santa, or singing along to a new musical performance, your favorite holiday memories can happen all in one place. Add a new tradition to your winter festivities this year with a visit to one of Gaylord’s four mesmerizing resorts.
From the scenic banks of the Potomac River in National Harbor all the way down to the Texas-sized celebrations outside of Dallas, each Gaylord hotel features a locally inspired spin on the spirit of the season. Find out what new and exciting experiences await at each escape:
A Country Christmas at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
November 10, 2017 through January 1, 2018
Make this holiday season your most memorable one yet when you experience Music City from Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center. With over 3 million twinkling lights, ornamental music notes and a full-size outdoor nativity scene, the renowned resort reimagines the magic of the season – whether you’re celebrating with your little ones or are simply a child at heart. Take a yuletide glide on the 6,000-square-foot indoor ice rink, cruise through the 12 Days of A Country Christmas on the Delta Riverboat, then sit back and enjoy the lights on a horse-drawn carriage ride around the property. Top off your celebrations with the Diamond Rio Holidays & Hits Dinner Show featuring a festive feast followed by a heart-warming performance by the Grammy Award-winning group.
- ICE!® – the signature holiday attraction across all of the Gaylord resorts – is back with an all-new theme for 2017 exclusive to Opryland: A Charlie Brown Christmas©. Get bundled up and rediscover the true reason for the season as the classic story unfolds through 2 million pounds of colorful hand-carved ice sculptures, complete with life-size characters, a full nativity scene and four two-story-tall ice slides.
- For the first time ever, Gaylord Opryland is inviting guests to experience a cirque adventure, Broadway musical and family show all wrapped in one during Cirque Dreams Holidaze. The critically acclaimed show is coming to Nashville with all-new performances, outrageous costumes and gravity defying feats that will have you entertained and in awe from start to finish.
Christmas at Gaylord Palms at Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
November 21, 2017 through January 7, 2018
While Florida is better known for sun than snow, you’ll forget where you are as soon as you step into the winter wonderland of Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center. With larger-than-life décor, lavish holiday scenes and millions of sparkling lights, the imaginative escape embraces seasonal traditions down to the smallest detail. Start your day dining with Charlie Brown and his friends, make a real snowball and test your aim at Santa’s Snow Throw, then go on a special Build-A-Bear© Scavenger Hunt right on site. End your evening enjoying cookies, cold milk and Christmas carols with Mrs. Claus.
- ICE!® greets you with an all-new theme featuring Christmas Around the World. With scenes of holiday traditions from near and far, this walk-through attraction offers a celebration of cultures through interactive displays, five ice slides and endless photo opportunities. Don’t forget to stop by The Frostbite Factory, a live sculpture carving zone showcasing the talents of our artisans from Harbin, China.
- Catch all-new performances for 2017 during Cirque Dreams Unwrapped. Created with the entire family in mind, this one-of-a-kind show brings the season to life through exciting characters, music, costumes and tricks performed on stage and in the air.
Lone Star Christmas at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
November 10, 2017 through January 1, 2018
Everything is bigger in Texas, and the holidays are no exception at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center. From the atrium’s 54-foot Christmas tree to the 15,000 ornaments, there’s never a shortage of spirit at this resort that’s about halfway between Dallas and Fort Worth. Gather the whole family to find a key to the toy factory at Santa’s Christmas Cottage Escape Room, show off your artistic skills in the Gingerbread Decorating Corner, then skate under the stars across the resort’s outdoor ice rink. After the little ones have settled in for a long winter’s nap, bundle up and grab a spirited cocktail at the ice bar.
- Stroll through ICE!® featuring ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas and see the classic holiday poem come alive through dancing sugar plums, a miniature sleigh, eight tiny reindeer and more. The 9-degree attraction will spark smiles and laughter through Texas-size ice sculptures, five ice slides and a stunning nativity scene.
- While snow tubing has always been a part of Gaylord Texan’s holiday fun, this year it’s bigger and better than ever with the addition of new lanes. The 12-lane tubing hill is covered in real snow, allowing you more ways to experience the thrills and chills of white-covered hills without ever leaving Texas.
Christmas on the Potomac at Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
National Harbor, Maryland
November 18, 2017 through January 1, 2018
Savor the sights and sounds of the season at Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center. Just steps from the excitement of National Harbor, this waterfront resort turns into a whimsical wonderland with elegant décor, over-the-top shows and holiday-inspired rides. Watch your little ones laugh and wave from the Christmas carousel and Potomac Express Train Ride, create a festive furry friend of your own at the on-site Build-A-Bear Workshop©, then take a picture with Santa while telling him your holiday wishes. Special seasonal spa treatments are available on site for grown-ups with a wish list of their own.
- See Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen and the rest of the gang during the all-new ICE!® theme featuring Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer®. Your favorite scenes have been recreated through 2 million pounds of ice sculptures, bringing to life old and new memories for all ages. Complete the story by shouting out with glee as you fly down one of four ice slides.
- In addition to ICE!®, Santa’s favorite reindeer will be making another appearance with friends during Rudolph’s Holly Jolly Breakfast. This festive feast will include reindeer games and a sing-a-long, promising family and friends a fun dining experience that will go down in history.
Strap on your skates and go for a spin on the all-new Glacier Ice Skating Rink in the Christmas Village. Whether a first-time skater or long-time lover, you’ll make a new memory while enjoying this timeless holiday activity.
Sing along to your favorite melodies during JOY – A Holiday Spectacular Atrium Show. This brand-new experience creates a musical tapestry through performances of classic and modern holiday favorites, followed by a spectacular Tree Lighting Show complete with indoor snowfall, laser lights and a dancing water fountain.
Ready to experience this holiday magic for yourself? Save on your upcoming flight and accommodations at any of the Gaylord Hotels with special offers from Vacations by Marriott.