Miami Beach: Home to sun, sand and string bikinis. Whether you’re running from the wrath of winter or planning for a spring break escape, this city is always in season, and The Miami Beach EDITION is always in style. While quintessential Miami Beach, this iconic resort still manages to put its own spin on the area’s sophisticated coastal culture and sultry nightlife.
Make the most of your getaway with these 10 tips:
1. Go ice skating: Miami Beach has a reputation for heating things up, but you can always escape the sun for a little fun on the ice. The luxury resort features an ice-skating rink and offers complimentary skating daily from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. And we’re not talking about a frozen pond. This indoor rink is in the Basement and outfitted with a state-of-the-art sound system, dramatic lighting and cool projection effects to fulfill your fantasy of skating in a swanky nightclub.
2. Dine at Matador Room: Ready to seduce your senses? Led by Michelin-starred Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, this award-winning restaurant puts a seasonal twist on Caribbean, Spanish, Latin and South American cuisines in a setting reminiscent of a glamorous 1940’s supper club. Whether you’re sipping and savoring in the iconic oval-shaped dining room or soaking up ocean views from the terrace, you’re promised a dining experience as unique as your appetite.
3. Explore the local area: While you may find it hard to pull yourself away from the resort’s grounds, don’t miss out on the fun going on around South Beach. Get swept up in the neon lights of Ocean Drive. Get your hands on the latest fashion trends on Lincoln Road. Get a taste of the Latin-inspired specialties in Little Havana. Just get out a little!
4. Go on a bike ride: Speaking of the local area, there’s no need to call an Uber to ride around this city. Bike rentals are always complimentary to guests of the hotel, whether you’re hitting the shops along Collins Avenue or going for a scenic ride beachside.
5. Dance the night away: Head to Basement Miami, the resort’s Studio 54-inspired nightclub, for an evening of sipping, socializing and shaking your stuff. With an impressive lineup of top DJs and performers from around the world, this after-dark hot spot promises an evening you won’t regret — despite the obligatory morning of recovery.
6. Take a beachfront fitness class: Whether you’re all about the namaste or you just need a little motivation to get bikini ready, you’ll find a session suited to meet your needs while soaking up the sun. Celebrate a little too much last night? The resort even offers Hangover Yoga, a class designed to relieve that post-party pain. Hallelujah!
7. Bowl a strike: Forget everything you’ve ever known about bowling alleys. This sexy four-lane spectacle reimagines the classic hobby with oversized LED screen displays and interactive lighting that synchronize to your movements. Luminescent bowling balls and stylish bowling shoes designed by famed artists add to the unique experience.
8. Get pampered: Whether you’ve come to Miami Beach to party or play in the sand, set some time aside to hit the spa. While you’ll love the “quick-fixes” of the creative treatments – from the Grapes of Wrath body wrap to the Model Behavior facial – it’s the spa’s ambiance that will make you want to stop and linger. The main relaxation area welcomes you to retreat to custom-designed daybeds surrounded by rich drapery and Moroccan rugs. Following your pampering session, head to the detox room for a steam shower, or sweat out any remaining stress in the sauna.
9. Reserve a private cabana: While plush lounge chairs are always available for beach and pool goers looking to return home with new tan lines, we recommend snagging a private cabana for the ultimate VIP experience. Overlooking the 70,000 square feet of private beach and just steps from the pool, these sophisticated hangouts feature oversized daybeds, mini-refrigerators, flat-panel TVs and safes, perfect for friends looking for privacy or starting a party long before the sun has gone down.
10. Attend an outdoor movie screening: Have you ever attended a free movie in the park? This is nothing like that! Tropicale’s Sandbox is a secluded nook right off the beach, designed for watching movie stars in the sand while sipping and socializing barefoot with friends by candlelight. Hammocks, low-lying beds and a ping pong table complete this sophisticated escape, perfect for any season.
Ready to check every item off this list? Book a stay at The Miami Beach EDITION and reserve your airfare all in one click through Vacations by Marriott.