Book your Oahu vacation with Vacations by Marriott today, and brush up on your knowledge of the island before visiting:
1. Staying in Waikiki? By all means, rent a car and get out of town, Even if it’s just for a few hours, take some time to explore the island. Hertz has a rental car office at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.
2. The Aloha stadium swap meet draws lots of visitors with its low prices and fun vibe. And you never know who you’ll see there – cast members from Hawaii 5-0 have been known to show up from time to time. The swap meet is held on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sunday, and admission is just $1.
3. Several weekends a year, Sunset on the Beach features free movies right on the beach at Waikiki. Bring a beach towel or chair and enjoy a double feature after the sun sets.
4. Diamond Head is one of Hawaii’s most impressive landmarks, but did you know that you can hike to the top? The hike takes about 90 minutes round-trip, and near the summit, hikers navigate a coastal artillery observation platform built way back in 1908
5. On Oahu’s Eastern shore, Lanikai Beach has been named to so many lists of the “World’s Best Beaches” that we stopped counting! Definitely worth the drive.
6. Located right in the center of the island, the Dole Pineapple Plantation features what’s been declared (in 2008) the world’s largest maze, with more than three full acres and 2 ½ miles of paths!