Savannah is the oldest city in the state of Georgia and boasts the ultimate southern charm through its majestic architecture and activities for everyone to indulge in. So travel down south with us to plan a Savannah Vacation and learn six new things about the Georgia gem!
1. There may not be a better way to experience Savannah’s historical district than with a martini in hand, on a 90-minute long evening excursion. You’ll visit several of the city’s popular bars and lounges, with reserved tables at each stop!
2. Interested in supporting young local artists? The Savannah College of Art and Design has a gift shop in town called shopSCAD, which features unique works from both students and faculty.
3. Savannah is well-known for its distinctive cuisine, and regularly-scheduled culinary and cultural walking tours provide a chance to sample local favorites like shrimp and grits, Scotch pies and – yes – fried green tomatoes.
4. Known as “one of the most haunted cities in the United States,” ghost tours are all the rage in Savannah, for those possessing the required courage. You’ll hear tales of exorcisms, ghost sightings and hauntings – from the past to the present.
5. Savannah has no less than 22 historic squares. For a great photo op, plan to visit Chippewa Square, where the famous bench scene in the Academy Award-winning move “Forrest Gump” was filmed.
6. For an altogether different view of Savannah, think about taking a riverboat cruise. Hop aboard the Savannah River Queen and enjoy the waterfront views while learning about the city’s storied history.