View some of our San Diego Vacation Packages, then check out six interesting things you may not know about San Diego:
1. During the past two decades, San Diego’s downtown has undergone a transformation as dramatic as any city in the U.S. The Gaslamp Quarter is the now at the center of all the action, with fantastic dining, entertainment and shopping.
2. Mission Bay is a 4,600-acre aquatic playground, bordered by beaches on one side and SeaWorld on another. Stop by the Mission Bay Sportcenter, rent a Jet Ski and see it all!
3. The San Diego Zoo is world-famous and conveniently located, but more adventurous animal lovers may want to drive north and visit the zoo’s Safari Park, where you can get up close and personal with giraffes, rhinos, apes, big cats of all types and more.
4. A quick trip across a bridge delivers you to a place like no other. Coronado Island offers (arguably) the best overall beach experience in San Diego. You may not want to leave, and if you stay at the Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa, you won’t have to!
5. Purchase a Passport to Balboa Park for easy access to multiple museums, including the San Diego Air & Space Museum, the Museum of Photographic Arts, and the San Diego Automotive Museum, featuring lots of muscle cars.
6. Looking to keep the little ones busy for a couple of hours (or more)? Sign them up for sand castle lessons at San Diego Sand Castles on Pacific Beach. Lessons are offered three times a day, but be sure to confirm everything in advance.