Explore our New Orleans Vacation Packages and use the tips below to make the most of your trip to The Big Easy:
1. New Orleans is full of voodoo stores and museums, but if you want the real deal, think about visiting the Voodoo Spiritual Temple on Rampart Street, where the focus is on “True Spiritual Power.”
2. The Steamboat Natchez is very likely the last truly authentic steamboat on the mighty Mississippi River. Hop aboard and become immersed in the history and culture of New Orleans – its food, music, stories and more.
3. We’re often asked “How far in advance do you need to book for Mardi Gras?” The answer is at least six months in advance, and nine months to have a good choice of hotels in the Canal Street/French Quarter area.
4. Iconic Jackson Square serves as the centerpiece of the French Quarter, ringed by artists and fortune-tellers, but also the Louisiana State Museum, St. Louis Cathedral, and the Cabildo, where the Louisiana Purchase was signed in 1803.
5. Did you know that New Orleans offers “urban kayaking?” Paddlers travel the city’s waterways to explore several different neighborhoods, get some exercise and enjoy the unique scenery of a place like no other.
6. Spend even a single day in New Orleans and you’ll no doubt be reminded that jazz is the city’s native music. Maybe the best place to enjoy pure New Orleans jazz is Preservation Hall, but why take our word for it? It won’t take too much searching to find great jazz in New Orleans!