After you’ve booked one of our Cancun Vacation Packages, prepare for your trip by reading our six interesting facts below:
1. Each year, in early-November, the Xcaret adventure park hosts a multi-date “El Dia de los Muertos” (Day of the Dead) celebration. One of Mexico’s proudest traditions, Day of the Dead honors those who have passed with visual arts, extravagant alters, music and food.
2. From your base in Cancun, it’s possible to make a day-long visit to the nearby island of Cozumel. Take a coach to Playa del Carmen and a 45-minute ferry ride, and you can enjoy all that Cozumel has to offer, including some of the best snorkeling and scuba diving in the world.
3. Chichen Itza is considered the most important archeological site in Mayan civilization, and is dominated by El Castillo, a step pyramid that was designed to cast a serpent shadow twice a year – on the afternoons of the Spring and Autumn equinoxes.
4. Located between Cancun and Isla Mujeres, the Cancun Underwater Museum (Museo Subacuatico de Cancun) features more than 450 individual statues, which act as an artificial reef!
5. Want to learn more about tequila than just how to drink it? Head over to the Tequila Herradura Sensory Museum for a tour that will teach you the history of tequila-making, how tequila is distilled, and – yes – how to properly sip tequila.
6. Luxury-seekers: There are only three AAA Five-Diamond hotels in Cancun, and Marriott International offers two of them: the JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, and The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun.