Below are six interesting destinations in San Francisco that you can use for your visit to the City by the Bay soon. Explore all of our San Francisco vacation packages:
1. Interested in visiting Alcatraz? Go at night! The country’s most notorious former federal prison is all the more interesting – and creepy – once the sun sets.
2. If the weather is nice and you’re looking to escape the city for some exercise, plan to hike or run the Marin Headlands, TripAdvisor’s #1 activity in the San Francisco area (as of Spring 2014).
3. Its popularity is growing (fast!), but if you’re into browsing hip boutiques and want inexpensive eats, there’s nothing like the Mission District.
4. If you’re going to be in town on the last Friday evening of the month, rent a bike and join in Critical Mass, where Bay Area bicyclists join together for a ride and cause (more than) a few challenges to commuting cars.
5. According to Yelp’s ratings, the R&G Lounge offers the best Chinese food in Chinatown. And you can walk there from the San Francisco Marriott Union Square.
6. Yes, Fisherman’s Wharf is touristy, but some of the best street performers in the country do their thing regularly at a dozen different designated locations. Highly entertaining, and worth checking out.