This week we've got a complete itinerary for you to enjoy a fun and active vacation on Kauai. So check out the list below and then explore our Kauai Vacation Packages:
1. Day One: You arrive on Kauai and check-in to the Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach. The first afternoon here is all about getting acclimated and finding your way around the large resort, checking out the beach and pool scenes, restaurants and more. Then it’s off to the nearby Kilohana Plantation for dinner and a traditional Hawaiian luau. A nice, relaxing way to begin your visit.
2. Day Two: Kauai is a relatively small island, yet much of it is inaccessible by car. The solution: flightseeing! Board an “Airvan” and prepare to be seduced by the amazing panoramic views visitors can see only from the sky. An hour later, you’ve familiarized yourself with the island’s geography and popular areas. This will come in handy during the rest of the trip.
3. Day Three: The Wailua River area is today’s destination, where kayaking and hiking await. Paddle the tranquil river and enjoy the gorgeous scenery, then make the hike to a remote waterfall and take a refreshing dip in the natural pool. Kauai bills itself as “Hawaii’s Island of Discovery,” and today you’ve immersed yourself in it.
4. Day Four: The “Grand Canyon of the Pacific” is absolutely worth a visit, so today it’s time for a drive to Waimea, the spot where Captain Cook first made contact with the Hawaiian Islands in 1778. From here it’s up the hill to Waimea Canyon Lookout, which offers great views of incredibly deep valleys and rugged crags. The canyon itself is 14 miles long, a mile wide and more than 3,600 feet deep - the largest canyon in the Pacific and a true geologic gem.
5. Day Five: It’s your final full day on Kauai, so hop aboard an “adventure raft” for a trip up the famed Na Pali Coast. There are no roads here, so the coast’s majestic sea cliffs and valleys can only be seen from the air, on foot or from the water. Make your way to Nu'aolo Kai for a little hiking, then swim and snorkel above the protected reef, where crystal-clear waters teem with fish, coral formations and other marine life. Spectacular!